The library's survey population included:
- Random sampling of undergraduates
- All graduate students
- All faculty who are .5 FTE or more
- All LEAD members (academic and administrative leaders on campus)
Of the 1835 surveys distributed, 704 were completed. The response rate was 36%.
General satisfaction is measured by these three questions:
- GS-1: In general, I am satisfied with the way I am treated in the library.
- GS-2: In general, I am satisfied with library support for my learning, research, and/or teaching,
- GS-3: How would you rate the overall quality of service provided by the library?
In Spring of 2010, Collins Library participated in a national survey called LibQUAL+Lite to measure perceptions of library service on campus. Many thanks to all of you who completed the survey!
The chart below illustrates the number of survey respondents by group.